Grants for Veterans
The Royal British Legion has a number of GRANTS available covering:
- Crisis Grants for when something has just gone wrong and needs attending to now, an unexpected cost.
- Veterans Medical Fund The Legion is managing a new funding scheme to support veterans with hearing loss and those with serious physical injury and needing mobility assistance.
- Mobility Aids & Equipment Grants If you need help getting around then the Legion may be able to provide an electrically powered mobility vehicle, scooter, or buggy.
- Househild Equipment & Adaption The Legion can support you to get funding and grants to adapt your home and receive new equipment.
- Grants Finder The Legion has a tool to see if you are eligible for other grants
- Employment Support Grants Finding a job can be one of the hardest parts of leaving the Armed Forces. The Legion can support you to receive funding for additional training or education.
- External Grants The Royal British Legion directly helps thousands of beneficiaries every year. But we also provide funds to other organisations, manage trusts and scholarship funds and
help the wider Armed Forces community in many ways.
Further organisations handling grant applications:
- Soldiers Charity Give a lifetime of support to soldiers and veterans from the British
Army, and their immediate families, when they are in need. We make grants to individuals through their Regiments and Corps and support a wide range of specialist charities that sustain the British
Army ‘family’, both at home and around the world.
- SSAFA Case Workers can review them for you.
- BLESMA offer
Members financial assistance with the additional costs and hardships of disability. BLESMA regularly contribute to the provision of wheelchairs, stair lifts, and home
and garden adaptations so that they can remain as mobile and independent as possible.BLESMA consider grant applications on an individual basis - based on your specific need. They have issued
disability grants in the past for mobility aids such as stair-lifts, scooters, wheelchairs and walking frames and include hiring help.
- Civvy Street have
grants listed employment, starting a business or furthering your career.